Music is A Treat

Music is A Treat
Music is a Treat image courtesy of The Bulletin Board Lady - Tracy King. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Curriculum Night and Bryant Song

It was great seeing so many familiar faces tonight at curriculum night and I really enjoyed getting to meet many of you for the first time! I hope to continue the many conversations we had about your child and music and want you to know that my door is always open. I love sharing what we are working on in the music room and I am so glad to hear that your children do too.

This blog is used to share updates about what we are learning in class, as well as to act as a bridge between home and school. I will often post short videos that we may see in class, songs that we may be working on, along with games and activities for the students to play. By subscribing to the blog, you should receive an email update every time I post something new. Often times, these updates will be for the students as well, so it would be wonderful if you shared it with them.

Thanks again to everybody who stopped by my table tonight! I really do enjoy getting to talk with you and look forward to seeing you again soon!

--Ms. Kelly Ritter

And for those of you who are hearing your students sing the Bryant song at home, but may not be sure exactly what they are singing (this is often the case for Kindergartners!), here is a recording of one of our second grade classes singing the song last year. I've also put the lyrics below so that you can sing along!


Chorus:
B-R-Y (clap clap) A-N-T (clap clap)
Bryant is the place to be!
B-R-Y (clap clap) A-N-T (clap clap)
I love Bryant School! (Rawr!)

Verse:
We're safe, respectful and responsible,
Each and every day.
We are kind to everyone,
When we work and play.

As Bryant Tigers, we do our best,
And learn in different ways.
We celebrate diversity, 
And that is why we say...oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment