Music is A Treat

Music is A Treat
Music is a Treat image courtesy of The Bulletin Board Lady - Tracy King. All rights reserved.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Birdie, Birdie" Kindergarten Song

In Kindergarten this week we have been singing a song called "Birdie Birdie." For this song, we have been learning some sign language and can do the signs for bird, where, nest, tree and build. We have also been having a lot of fun by "audiating" certain words in the song. Audiating is when we think or hear the music in our heads and they have been doing a great job with this concept. They have even did it so well that they made me fall out of my chair! :)

 Here is a recording of Mrs. Peterson's Kindergarteners singing today. Great job, Mrs. Peterson's class and all of the kindergartners!


"Birdie birdie, where is your nest? Birdie birdie, where is your nest? Birdie birdie, where is your nest? In the tree that I like best!

I built my nest in a hollow tree. I built my nest in a hollow tree. I built my nest in a hollow tree. And all the birdies follow me!"
Kindergartners: Do you remember what kind of bird this is? What color are their eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment